Utility Audits In Hawaii
Get refunded for overbilling from utility companies and energy suppliers.
Of organizations are overcharged for their utility expenses and are entitled to a billing refund.
Get Utility Refunds In Hawaii
Welcome to our utility auditing services, specifically tailored for the unique energy landscape of Hawaii. As a state renowned for its beautiful islands and distinct environmental challenges, Hawaii presents a unique set of utility management needs for commercial, industrial, and municipal sectors. Our team specializes in providing in-depth utility audits across electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management. We focus on identifying inefficiencies, ensuring billing accuracy, and uncovering cost-saving opportunities, all while considering Hawaii’s specific energy initiatives and sustainability goals. Our commitment is to empower our Hawaiian clients with the tools and insights needed to navigate the complexities of utility usage, optimize costs, and support the state’s journey towards a more sustainable and energy-efficient future.
Your Dedicated Utility Bill Audit Business Experts
When you contact National Utilities Refund for a utility bill audit, our team of industry experts will evaluate your payments, analyze your services, and look for ways to remove errors, overcharges, and unnecessary charges. We will also obtain utility refunds on historical billing issues. Many utility companies have specific clauses and subsections that affect the final bill but that can be difficult to spot with the untrained eye.
Our team of experts will perform your audit off-site so that our services are non-intrusive. You won’t have to rearrange your schedule to accommodate our audits so you can stay focused on your daily responsibilities while we analyze your utility bills.
Electricity Bill Audits
Utility invoices and third-party power supplier bills.
Telecom provider, telecom rates, and billing errors.
Natural Gas Bill Audits
Commodity rates and natural gas tariff schedules.
Water / Sewer Bill Audits
Often overlooked, these bills contain many errors.
We can help negotiate better rates or identify errors.
Discover if you are overpaying for your WC insurance.
We can help you secure tax credits for product development.
Are you overpaying in property taxes? Find out now.
We've Done Over 10,000 Audits
National Utilities Refund is so committed to your satisfaction that our services are done with zero out-of-pocket costs to you. After our audit is complete, if we don’t find any ways to save you money or obtain a utility refund, you won’t owe us a penny. We stand by our work and are committed to finding you money-saving solutions.
No matter the size or complexity of your business, we have a team of diverse industry experts that understand the bills you pay in connection to your business’ services and can find ways for you to save.
Hawaii Utility Companies
Hawaii, with its unique island geography, relies on a diverse range of utility companies to provide essential services like electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management. These utilities are crucial in supporting the state’s residents, businesses, and its substantial tourism industry. Understanding Hawaii’s approach to utility taxation and business property taxes is also key for businesses operating in the state
Electricity Providers In Hawaii
Electricity in Hawaii is predominantly provided by a few key companies, each playing a critical role in powering the islands with a focus on renewable energy sources.
Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI):
- HEI, through its subsidiaries, provides electricity to 95% of Hawaii’s population, with a strong commitment to transitioning to renewable energy sources and reducing the state’s reliance on imported oil.
Kauai Island Utility Cooperative (KIUC):
- KIUC is a member-owned cooperative serving the island of Kauai, notable for its innovative approaches in integrating solar energy and battery storage to ensure sustainable and reliable electricity.
Natural Gas Providers
Natural gas in Hawaii is limited but plays a role in the energy mix, primarily for commercial and industrial use.
The Gas Company (Hawaii Gas):
- Hawaii Gas is the state’s only government-franchised, full-service gas company, providing synthetic natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas to various sectors in Hawaii.
Water Utility Providers
Water utilities in Hawaii are vital in managing this precious resource, especially important in the state’s unique island ecosystem.
Board of Water Supply (BWS), City and County of Honolulu:
- BWS is responsible for providing safe and dependable water supply to Honolulu, focusing on sustainable water management and conservation.
Maui County Department of Water Supply:
- This department ensures the provision of clean and reliable water services to the residents of Maui County, emphasizing water resource protection and efficient use.
Telecommunications in Hawaii is served by various providers, ensuring connectivity across the islands.
- As the leading telecom company in Hawaii, Hawaiian Telcom offers a wide range of services including internet, phone, and TV, focusing on expanding broadband access throughout the state.
- Spectrum provides comprehensive digital services in Hawaii, including high-speed internet, cable TV, and phone services, known for their advanced technology and customer service.
Trash or Waste Management
Waste management in Hawaii is handled by companies focusing on sustainable practices in waste disposal and recycling.
Honolulu Disposal Service:
- This company provides waste management and recycling services in Honolulu, with a commitment to environmental sustainability and community health.
Maui Disposal Company:
- Serving Maui, this company specializes in waste collection and recycling services, focusing on eco-friendly practices and waste reduction.
Sales Taxes on Utilities:
- Hawaii imposes a General Excise Tax (GET) instead of a traditional sales tax, which applies to utility services such as electricity and telecommunications.
- The Hawaii Department of Taxation administers this tax, which is a key revenue source for the state’s budget.
Business Property Tax:
- In Hawaii, businesses are subject to property taxes on their real and personal property, with rates and assessments varying across counties.
- Regular assessments ensure fair and current valuation, contributing to local government revenues that fund essential services.
Simple and stress-free approach.
You're In Charge
Discrepancy Impact Analysis
Your Team of Utility Bill Audit Experts
So contact us today to learn more about our services, or schedule a utility bill audit so that you can start saving money.