Utility Audits In Connecticut
Get refunded for overbilling from utility companies and energy suppliers.
Of organizations are overcharged for their utility expenses and are entitled to a billing refund.
Get Utility Refunds In Connecticut
In a state known for its rich history and diverse economic landscape, efficient management of utility expenses is vital for organizational success. Our expert team provides in-depth analyses of utility bills encompassing electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management, identifying discrepancies and uncovering cost-saving opportunities. With our deep understanding of Connecticut’s regulatory environment and utility market, we are committed to helping our clients optimize their utility expenditures, enhance operational efficiency, and contribute positively to their bottom line in the Constitution State.
Your Dedicated Utility Bill Audit Business Experts
When you contact National Utilities Refund for a utility bill audit, our team of industry experts will evaluate your payments, analyze your services, and look for ways to remove errors, overcharges, and unnecessary charges. We will also obtain utility refunds on historical billing issues. Many utility companies have specific clauses and subsections that affect the final bill but that can be difficult to spot with the untrained eye.
Our team of experts will perform your audit off-site so that our services are non-intrusive. You won’t have to rearrange your schedule to accommodate our audits so you can stay focused on your daily responsibilities while we analyze your utility bills.
Electricity Bill Audits
Utility invoices and third-party power supplier bills.
Telecom provider, telecom rates, and billing errors.
Natural Gas Bill Audits
Commodity rates and natural gas tariff schedules.
Water / Sewer Bill Audits
Often overlooked, these bills contain many errors.
We can help negotiate better rates or identify errors.
Discover if you are overpaying for your WC insurance.
We can help you secure tax credits for product development.
Are you overpaying in property taxes? Find out now.
We've Done Over 10,000 Audits
National Utilities Refund is so committed to your satisfaction that our services are done with zero out-of-pocket costs to you. After our audit is complete, if we don’t find any ways to save you money or obtain a utility refund, you won’t owe us a penny. We stand by our work and are committed to finding you money-saving solutions.
No matter the size or complexity of your business, we have a team of diverse industry experts that understand the bills you pay in connection to your business’ services and can find ways for you to save.
Connecticut Utility Companies
Connecticut, with its unique blend of urban and rural landscapes, is served by an array of utility companies that ensure the smooth provision of electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management services. Understanding these utilities, alongside the state’s approach to taxation for utilities and businesses, is crucial for residents, businesses, and local policymakers.
Electricity Providers In Connecticut
In Connecticut, electric utilities such as Eversource Energy and United Illuminating are pivotal in powering homes, businesses, and industries throughout the state, ensuring a consistent and reliable supply of electricity. These companies are not only focused on delivering energy efficiently but are also actively investing in renewable and sustainable energy sources, aligning with Connecticut’s commitment to environmental conservation and clean energy initiatives.
- Eversource Energy is a major electricity provider in Connecticut, known for its reliable service and commitment to expanding clean, renewable energy sources.
- The company plays a significant role in powering both residential and commercial sectors across the state.
- Serving the greater New Haven and Bridgeport areas, United Illuminating provides electricity and focuses on energy efficiency, customer service, and sustainability.
Natural Gas Providers
Natural gas utilities in Connecticut, including Connecticut Natural Gas and Yankee Gas Services Company, play a crucial role in providing efficient and reliable energy solutions to a broad range of customers, from residential homes to large industrial complexes. These providers emphasize safety, customer service, and environmental stewardship, focusing on delivering natural gas in a way that aligns with the state’s energy efficiency goals and commitment to reducing environmental impact.
Connecticut Natural Gas:
- Connecticut Natural Gas delivers natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the state, emphasizing efficiency and customer safety.
- They are known for their responsiveness and commitment to environmental stewardship.
Yankee Gas Services Company:
- A subsidiary of Eversource Energy, Yankee Gas Services Company supplies natural gas across Connecticut, with a focus on reliable and cost-effective service.
Water Utility Providers
In Connecticut, water utilities like Aquarion Water Company and Connecticut Water are key in managing and supplying this essential resource to homes, businesses, and communities across the state. These companies are dedicated to ensuring the provision of safe, clean, and reliable water services, while also focusing on sustainable water management practices and conservation efforts in response to Connecticut’s environmental needs and challenges.
Aquarion Water Company:
- As the largest public water supply company in New England, Aquarion serves many Connecticut communities, ensuring high-quality water services and sustainable water management practices.
- Providing water services to numerous towns in Connecticut, this company is dedicated to delivering clean and safe water with a focus on environmental conservation and customer service.
In Connecticut, telecom providers such as Frontier Communications and Optimum (Altice USA) are essential in keeping the state connected, offering a range of services including high-speed internet, cable TV, and telephony. These companies are particularly focused on enhancing digital infrastructure, ensuring robust connectivity for both urban centers and rural areas, and bridging the digital divide in the state with advanced technology and customer-oriented services.
- Frontier offers broadband, voice, and video services in Connecticut, focusing on bridging the digital divide by reaching underserved and rural areas.
Optimum (Altice USA):
- Serving parts of Connecticut, Optimum provides high-speed internet, cable television, and phone services, known for their advanced technology and customer service.
Trash or Waste Management
Waste management companies in Connecticut, like Republic Services and Waste Management of Connecticut, play a crucial role in the state’s environmental sustainability efforts through their comprehensive waste collection, recycling, and disposal services. These companies are committed to responsible waste management practices, focusing on reducing environmental impact and promoting recycling and sustainable waste solutions across Connecticut’s diverse urban and rural landscapes.
- Operating in Connecticut, Republic Services offers waste and recycling services, with a commitment to sustainable practices and environmental responsibility.
Waste Management of Connecticut:
- This company provides comprehensive waste management solutions including recycling services, playing a crucial role in maintaining cleanliness and promoting sustainability.
The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services is the primary agency responsible for the administration of tax laws and the collection of a wide range of state taxes, including those on utilities. This department plays a vital role in Connecticut’s fiscal management, ensuring compliance, providing taxpayer services, and effectively managing revenue streams crucial for funding state programs and services.
Sales Taxes on Utilities:
- Connecticut imposes sales taxes on utility services such as electricity and natural gas.
- The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services administers these taxes, which are a significant source of state revenue.
Business Property Tax:
- In Connecticut, businesses are required to pay property taxes on their real estate and personal property, including machinery, equipment, and office furniture.
- Local municipalities determine the property tax rates, and these taxes are essential for local budgets, funding schools, roads, and public services.
Regular Tax Assessment and Revaluation:
- Connecticut law requires regular assessment and periodic revaluation of business property to ensure fair and accurate taxation based on current market values.
Simple and stress-free approach.
You're In Charge
Discrepancy Impact Analysis
Your Team of Utility Bill Audit Experts
So contact us today to learn more about our services, or schedule a utility bill audit so that you can start saving money.