Utility Audits In Colorado
Get refunded for overbilling from utility companies and energy suppliers.
Of organizations are overcharged for their utility expenses and are entitled to a billing refund.
Get Utility Refunds In Colorado
In a state renowned for its varied climate and geography, from the soaring peaks of the Rockies to the urban sprawl of Denver, managing utility costs effectively is a crucial challenge. Our experienced team brings a deep understanding of Colorado’s unique utility landscape, offering comprehensive audits across electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management sectors. We are dedicated to uncovering inefficiencies, ensuring billing accuracy, and identifying cost-saving opportunities, thereby empowering our Colorado clients with strategic insights to optimize their utility expenditures and enhance their sustainable practices in this environmentally conscious state.
Your Dedicated Utility Bill Audit Business Experts
When you contact National Utilities Refund for a utility bill audit, our team of industry experts will evaluate your payments, analyze your services, and look for ways to remove errors, overcharges, and unnecessary charges. We will also obtain utility refunds on historical billing issues. Many utility companies have specific clauses and subsections that affect the final bill but that can be difficult to spot with the untrained eye.
Our team of experts will perform your audit off-site so that our services are non-intrusive. You won’t have to rearrange your schedule to accommodate our audits so you can stay focused on your daily responsibilities while we analyze your utility bills.
Electricity Bill Audits
Utility invoices and third-party power supplier bills.
Telecom provider, telecom rates, and billing errors.
Natural Gas Bill Audits
Commodity rates and natural gas tariff schedules.
Water / Sewer Bill Audits
Often overlooked, these bills contain many errors.
We can help negotiate better rates or identify errors.
Discover if you are overpaying for your WC insurance.
We can help you secure tax credits for product development.
Are you overpaying in property taxes? Find out now.
We've Done Over 10,000 Audits
National Utilities Refund is so committed to your satisfaction that our services are done with zero out-of-pocket costs to you. After our audit is complete, if we don’t find any ways to save you money or obtain a utility refund, you won’t owe us a penny. We stand by our work and are committed to finding you money-saving solutions.
No matter the size or complexity of your business, we have a team of diverse industry experts that understand the bills you pay in connection to your business’ services and can find ways for you to save.
Colorado Utility Companies
Colorado’s picturesque landscape is matched by a complex network of utility companies that cater to the state’s electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and waste management needs. Understanding these utilities and Colorado’s tax structure for businesses and utilities is essential for residents, businesses, and policymakers.
Electricity Providers In Colorado
In Colorado, electric utilities such as Xcel Energy and Colorado Springs Utilities play a pivotal role in powering homes, businesses, and industries across the state’s varied landscapes. These providers are deeply committed to embracing renewable energy sources like wind and solar power, reflecting Colorado’s progressive stance on environmental sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Xcel Energy is a major electricity provider in Colorado, serving millions of customers with a commitment to renewable energy and sustainable practices.
- The company is actively investing in wind and solar power, aligning with Colorado’s green energy goals.
Colorado Springs Utilities:
- This municipal utility provides electricity to the Colorado Springs area, with a focus on reliability and community-based service.
- They are progressively integrating renewable energy sources into their energy mix.
Natural Gas Providers
In Colorado, natural gas utilities like Atmos Energy and Black Hills Energy are key to providing reliable and efficient energy solutions to a diverse customer base, from residential homes to commercial establishments. These companies prioritize safety and customer service, while also engaging in initiatives to promote energy conservation and sustainable practices in line with Colorado’s environmental goals.
- Atmos Energy is a significant provider of natural gas in Colorado, catering to both residential and commercial customers.
- They emphasize safety and efficiency in their natural gas delivery services.
Black Hills Energy:
- Serving various parts of Colorado, Black Hills Energy focuses on providing reliable natural gas service and promoting energy-saving initiatives.
Water Utility Providers
Water utilities in Colorado, such as Denver Water and Aurora Water, are critical in managing and supplying this essential resource in a state known for its semi-arid climate. These organizations focus on sustainable water use, advanced treatment technologies, and robust conservation efforts, ensuring the reliable delivery of high-quality water to both urban and rural communities across Colorado.
- Denver Water is the largest and oldest water utility in Colorado, responsible for supplying high-quality water to the Denver metropolitan area.
- They are leaders in water conservation and management, vital in Colorado’s semi-arid climate.
- Aurora Water provides water, wastewater, and stormwater services in Aurora, prioritizing sustainable water use and advanced treatment technologies.
In Colorado, telecom utilities like CenturyLink and Comcast play a vital role in keeping the state connected, offering a wide range of services including high-speed internet, cable TV, and digital communication solutions. These companies are dedicated to expanding broadband access and enhancing network infrastructure, ensuring that Colorado’s diverse urban and rural communities stay connected in an increasingly digital world.
- CenturyLink offers comprehensive telecommunication services in Colorado, including high-speed internet, phone, and TV packages.
- They are notable for their efforts in expanding broadband access in both urban and rural areas of the state.
- Comcast is a key player in Colorado’s telecommunications sector, providing a wide range of services from high-speed internet to cable TV and home security solutions.
Trash or Waste Management
In Colorado, waste management companies such as Waste Management of Colorado and Republic Services are integral to the state’s environmental health, providing comprehensive waste collection, recycling, and disposal services. These firms are committed to sustainable practices, focusing on reducing landfill use and enhancing recycling efforts, aligning with Colorado’s strong emphasis on environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Waste Management of Colorado:
- This company offers environmental solutions, including waste collection, recycling, and disposal services across Colorado.
- They are dedicated to sustainable waste management practices and innovative recycling programs.
- Known for their reliable waste and recycling services, Republic Services operates in several Colorado communities, focusing on environmentally responsible waste handling.
The Colorado Department of Revenue is the principal tax authority in Colorado, responsible for administering tax laws, collecting state revenues, and ensuring compliance across a wide range of taxes. This department plays a critical role in the financial governance of the state, overseeing the collection of sales taxes, including those on utilities, as well as managing business and individual tax obligations, contributing significantly to Colorado’s fiscal health and public services.
Sales Taxes on Utilities:
- In Colorado, utilities such as electricity and natural gas are subject to state and local sales taxes.
- The Colorado Department of Revenue administers these taxes, contributing to state and local government revenue for public services.
Business Property Tax:
- Businesses in Colorado are required to pay property tax on their real and personal property, with rates varying by locality.
- This tax is based on the assessed value of the property, which is determined by county assessors.
Regular Tax Reassessments:
- Colorado law mandates regular reassessments of business property to ensure tax fairness and reflect current market values.
- These property taxes are a key revenue source for local governments, funding essential services like education, infrastructure, and public safety.
Simple and stress-free approach.
You're In Charge
Discrepancy Impact Analysis
Your Team of Utility Bill Audit Experts
So contact us today to learn more about our services, or schedule a utility bill audit so that you can start saving money.